Transpose Community Choir:
Rehearsals are every Tuesday from 6:30-9:00pm. TCC rehearses from September through June with two weeks off in early February between concert terms. You can participate in the choir as a performing or non-performing member. Our next rehearsal term begins on 2/11/2020.
Come sing with Transpose: all levels of skill and experience welcome! We are kicking off our next term with three open rehearsals starting Tuesday, February 11th from 6:30-9pm. See us in action, sing with us, get to know us, and of course… join us!
If you are interested in attending, please fill out this pre-registration form (for both new and returning members)! Once you have filled out the registration form, we will be in touch with the event location.
Transpose is a gender-affirming community choir that empowers its members by creating a brave and accountable space to expand musical skills, develop a sense of identity, and center voices in song. This accompanied, non-auditioned choir is a space for the transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming community, and as we say: if you feel you’re a part of our community, you’re welcome to join us! (Please note you must be at least 18 years old to join.)
If you can attend all three rehearsals, fantastic! However, we will be just as thrilled to see you for one. We will be exploring a different song each week so you don’t have to worry about things getting repetitive, or falling behind if you can’t make it one week. We do ask that anyone interested in performing with us at our end of term concert in June attend at least one of the open rehearsals.
Please share this event with anyone who might be interested!
* We do our best to maintain a scent-free environment. With that in mind, please avoid wearing scented products to rehearsal. The venue may have scented soap (will be labeled) in the bathrooms.
* Venue has a ramp and a wheelchair-accessible bathroom.
* Doors to the venue are not automatic.
* Bathrooms at the venue are all gender-neutral during rehearsals.
* Closest bus line: #19 (venue is 1/10th mile away from bus stop)
* Rehearsals are held in a church. We recognize that this makes joining us inaccessible to some folks. We are actively working to find a different space that is affordable, ADA accessible, and available during our rehearsal time. The venue has minimal religious imagery inside (feel free to ask us about specifics).
Acchord (a cappella group):
Do you already have lots of musical experience and an interest in a cappella? We’ll have auditions coming up this summer, and yes, you can even join both groups if interested!
Follow our adventures at: https://www.facebook.com/acchordpdx/